3 tea bags
11⁄2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Dash of salt
1. Pour 2 cups boiling water over the tea bags in a glass container. Steep for 20 minutes. Squeeze the juice from the
lemons, reserving the juice and rinds.
2. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Add the lemon rinds and sugar.
3. Simmer until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the lemon rinds. Let cool.
4. Squeeze the tea bags and remove them from the glass container. Combine the lemon- sugar syrup and the tea in a large bowl.
5. Strain the reserved lemon juice and add to the tea mixture along with the vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Mix well and refrigerate.
6. To serve, pour 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 cup of the mixture over ice in a glass and top with about 1⁄2 cup water.