Two Tomato Kalamata Crostini Fun and delicious appetizer that tastes great, great and very yummy appetizer recipe.
4 ounces baguette bread, cut into 20
8 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and finely chopped
½ cup water
5 ounces grape
tomatoes, finely chopped
12 kalamata olives, pitted
and finely chopped
teaspoons dried basil
teaspoons cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon extra-virgin
olive oil, optional
1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place baguette slices on large baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Meanwhile, rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes: Combine with water in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes or until softened.
4. Combine sundried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, olives, basil, vinegar, salt and oil in small bowl, Toss thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. Rub bread slices with garlic halves. Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
6. Top each bread slice with 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Makes 10 servings (2 slices per serving)
Use a serrated knife to slice bread and tomatoes.
|Two Tomato Kalamata Crostini|