Chicken Stuffed With Rice

Chicken Stuffed With Rice is an Indian roast chicken has a delicious baked coating. Serves: 4 

Preparation: 15 mins, plus soaking and
marinating Cooking: 1 1/2 hours

Ingredients 
basmati rice 125 g ( 1/2 cup)
onions 2, roughly chopped
garlic cloves 2. roughly chopped
fresh root ginger 5 cm (2 inches)
poppy seeds I teaspoon
peppercorns 8
plain yogurt 300 g (l0 oz)
garam masala I teaspoon
chicken I x 1.5 kg (3 Ib)
ghee I tablespoon
chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
golden raisins 50 g ( 1/4 cup)
slivered almonds 50 g ( 1/4 cup)
water 450 ml ( 1 1/2 cups)
salt

Method 
Soak the rice in cold water for I hour to remov excess starch.

Mix the onions, garlic, ginger; poppy seeds, peppercorns and half the yogurt to a paste in a food processor. Stir in the garam masala and salt. 

Prick the chicken all over with a fork, rub ¡n the spice mixture and leave for I hour.

Drain the rice. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 3 minutes, stirring. Mix in the chili powder. raisins, almonds and salt. Add the water and simmer for about I O minutes, until the rice is almost tender. Let cool.

Stuff the chicken with the cold rice and sew up both ends. 

Bake in a preheated oven, I 90°C (375°F), for I A hours until the juices run clear.

Tips 
Rest the chicken. Add the remaining yogurt to the cooking juices with a little water. if necessary and stir until absorbed. Serve the chicken with the sauce.

Chicken Stuffed With Rice
Holiday Recipes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010 Luxury Recipes All rights reserved