Bibb and Beet Salad Joey Campanaro is chef and owner of The Little Owl and owner of Market Table, both located in New York City. Joey caters and consults for Martha Stewart, Mike Piazza, NBC Universal and more Nice
3 heads Boston Bibb lettuce
1 head frisee lettuce
1 cup blanched, peeled golden beets, cut into quarters
1 butternut squash, peeled and halved
1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup reconstituted cranberries
(add dried cranberries to water)
1 shallot, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Remove seeds and cut squash into 1-inch dice.
2. Slice and toss with extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
3. Roast in oven at high heat (approx. 450 degrees) for 8 minutes.
4. Allow the squash time to cool.
5. In a skillet, toast the pumpkin seeds until lightly golden and season with salt.
6. P ick and wash the leaves of the Bibb lettuce and frisee.
7. P uree the reconstituted cranberries and whisk together with the vinegar, the shallots, the mustard and all of the olive oil.
8. T oss the finished ingredients with the greens, the beets, the pumpkin seeds, the parsley, and the vinaigrette.
9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Garnish the dish with grated Parmesan cheese.
|Bibb and Beet Salad|