• 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
• 100g snow peas, trimmed
• 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed and leaves separated
• 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
• 2 green onions (shallots), finely sliced diagonally
• 400g smoked chicken breast, skin and fat removed, thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1. Bring a large frying pan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain, refresh in cold water
and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Arrange lettuce, asparagus, snow peas, celery, green onions and smoked chicken on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Raspberry & Balsamic Vinaigrette:
• 150g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries, defrosted
• 1 tablespoon boiling water
• 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and ground black pepper
1. To make raspberry & balsamic vinaigrette, combine raspberries and boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Mash with a fork. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl to remove
seeds. Discard seeds.
1. Add vinegar and oil to sieved raspberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
|Smoked Chicken & Asparagus Salad with Raspberry & Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe|