Hearty Beef Stew Recipe is a slightly spicy and sweet flavor of hoisin sauce a rich flavor to the stew. Using a slow cooker makes it easy to make ahead
Prep: 20 minutes, Bake: 8 minutes, Serves: 4 (2-cup)
2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES Butter
3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into bite- sized pieces
1 /2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
1 small (1 1/4 cups) sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 medium parsnip, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (145-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add beef and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned (4 to 5 minutes); drain off fat.
2. Place browned beef and all remaining ingredients in 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir to mix well. Cover; cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
Notes and Tips:
• Store leftover stew in resealable freezer containers or bags; freeze up to 3 months. To thaw, place in refrigerator for 24
hours. Reheat in microwave or over medî urn-low heat in 2-quart saucepan.
• Parsnips are a root vegetable with a mild sweet flavor. They are commonly boiled and mashed like potatoes but in this entrée they add a sweet complement to the other vegetables in the stew. Nutritionally they contain a small amount of iron and vitamin C.
• Hoisin sauce, traditionally used in oriental cooking, has a sweet and spicy flavor. Look for it in the Asian section of the
supermarket. Store ¡n the refrigerator after opening.
|Hearty Beef Stew Recipe|