Anita's Fabulous Southwestern Garden Salad

Anita's Fabulous Southwestern Garden Salad Recipe is my version of Chile's Salad my family tells me that it's actually better, although I'm not sure that's true, I do believe it's just as good.

1 can Black beans 15 oz drained
1 can Corn 15 oz drained
1 cup Tortilla chips crushed
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
1 pinch Salt to taste
1 pinch Black pepper to taste
1 package Salad greens 8 cups mixed lettuce
2 Tablespoon Cilantro fresh, minced
2 cups Chicken cooked, diced
3 each Tomatoes diced

For DRESSING:
1 package Guacamole 8 oz
1 cup raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing Ken's Steakhouse Lite
1/3 cup honey

Wash salad greens and place in a large bowl. Dice tomatoes and add to salad greens. Salt and pepper to taste.

Drain the black beans and corn. Add both to salad greens. Add the shredded cheese. Mix well.

I make the salad both with or without the chicken. It's fabulous either way.

Crush the tortilla chips and set aside. You add these to the salad immediately before serving so that they stay crisp.

To make the dressing - get a small bowl and add the Raspberry Vinaigrette, honey and guacamole -- mix well and pour on the salad mixture when ready to serve.

I came up with this recipe after eating at Chile's Restaurant and ordering their Quesadilla Explosion Salad. We absolutely fell in love with it.

Notes and Tips:
I buy Ken's Lite Steakhouse Salad dressing Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette at Wal-Mart and I also buy the AvoClassic Guacamole at Wal-Mart too. You can find it in the produce section, usually next to bagged salad greens and fresh packages of herbs.

Anita's Fabulous Southwestern Garden Salad
Holiday Recipes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010 Luxury Recipes All rights reserved