Yummy Mummy Cookies is a quick and healthy way to top up on calories, Serve for Halloween Occasions like party's. picture from © Publications International, Ltd.
½ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
21/2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup HERSHEYS Cocoa
½ teaspoon salt
34 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup HERSHEY&S MINI CHIPSTM Semi-Sweet
1 to 2 packages (12 ounces each) HERSHEY•S Premier White Chips
1 to 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Additional HERSHEYS MINI CHIPSTM Semi-Sweet
1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
2. Stir in 1 cup small chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough l5to 20 minutes, or until firm enough to handle.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4.To form mummy body, using 1 tablespoon dough, roll into 3¼-inch carrot shape; place on ungreased cookie sheet.To form head, using 1 teaspoon dough, roll into ball the size and shape of a grape; press onto wide end of body. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
5. Bake 8to 9 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
6. Place 2 cups (12-ounce package) white chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in microwave-safe pie plate or shallow bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until chios are melted.
7. Coat tops of cookies by placing one cookie at a time on table knife or narrow metal spatula; spoon white chip mixture evenly over cookie to coat. (if mixture begins to thicken, return to microwave for a few seconds.)
8. Place coated cookies on wax paper. Melt additional chips with shortening, if needed, for additional coating. As coating begins to set on cookies, using a toothpick, score lines and facial features into coating to resemble mummy.
9. Place 2 small chocolate chips on each cookie for eyes. Store covered ¡n cool, dry place. Makes about 30 cookies
|Yummy Mummy Cookies|