Filipino Pork Adobo

The Filipino Pork Adobo Recipe My husband raved when I made this. I used lean pork sirlion and added onion. I didn't have enough soy sauce so I only put in 3/4 cup. But otherwise I followed the directions exactly. Great recipe. I served it with basmati rice and a green salad.

Prep Time: 20 Minutes, Cook Time: 2 hours 30 Minutes, Serve: 6

Ingredients:
1 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
1 pound small green beans, trimmed (optional)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 1/2 pounds lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 bay leaves

Method:
Stir together the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and bay leaves in a large saucepan. Add the cubed pork, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the pork is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.

Stir occasionally. If using the green beans, add them during the last half hour of cooking.

Filipino Pork Adobo
Holiday Recipes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010 Luxury Recipes All rights reserved