• 125g Western Star Chef’s Choice Butter
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
• 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
• Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1.4kg whole fillet Atlantic Salmon, pinboned
• Lemon wedges & fresh herbs (eg. parsley, mint, chives, dill), for serving if desired
1. Gently heat butter and garlic in a saucepan until butter has melted. Combine breadcrumbs, almonds, thyme, lemon and pepper in a large bowl and stir in butter.
2. Place the salmon skin side down on a baking paper lined oven tray. Press breadcrumbs over the fish to completely cover. Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked. Rest for 10 minutes before scattering with fresh herbs, slicing and serving with lemons.
|Whole Atlantic Salmon Fillet with Almond Thyme & Lemon Crust Recipe|