• 40 g butter
• 8 shallots, chopped
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 250mL PHILADELPHIA Light Cream for Cooking, cream alternative
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 thyme sprigs
• 2 cups grated KRAFT Tasty Cheese
• 6 eggs, lightly beaten
• 500g hot smoked salmon, flaked for serving
• Green salad, to serve
1. Heat the butter and gently sauté the shallots. Add the milk, PHILADELPHIA and herbs. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat, allow to cool then strain off the onion.
2. Add the cheese and beaten eggs, then pour into greased and base lined 8 x ½ cup capacity moulds. Place into a water bath so that the water comes half way up the sides of each mould.
3. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 15-20 minutes or until just set. Allow to settle for 10-15 minutes before unmoulding onto serving plates. Serve with smoked salmon and a little green salad. Serve immediately.
|Warm Cheese Custard with Smoked Salmon recipe|