The Spectacular Cinnamon Alond Ring is tied with a festive ribbon, this wreath makes a gorgeous gift from the kitchen. Make one for family and another for friends.
5 1/2 to 6 cups alL-purpose flour
2 packages active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, cut up
3 tabLespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, tightly beaten
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
2 cups sLiced almonds
6 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon Powdered Sugar Icing
1. In a Large bowL, combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk, water, 1/2 cup butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, and saLt untiL mixture is warm (120°F to 130°F) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture to flour mixture along with the eggs, Lemon peel, and orange peeL. Beat with an electric mixer on [ow to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl. constantLy. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a spoon, stir in 1 cup of the sLiced almonds and as much of the remaining flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a Lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes totaL). Shape dough into a baLL. PLace dough in a lightLy greased bowL, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearLy doubLe in size (about 1 hour).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a LightLy floured surface. Cover; Let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
4. For filling, combine the 6 tabLespoons softened butter, 2/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Roll dough into a 20x12-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly over dough to within /z inch of edges. RoLl up rectangle, starting from a long side; seal seam. Carefully pLace dough, seam side down, in prepared pan, bringing ends together to form ring. Cover and let rise in a warm pLace until nearLy doubLe in size (about
6. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden, covering with foil the Last 15 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning. Carefully invert tube pan onto a wire rack. Remove bread from pan and cooL thoroughLy. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Icing and, if desired, sprinkle with remaining almonds. Makes
Powdered Sugar Icing:
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vaniLLa. Stir in enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make of drizzling consistency.
Make Ahead Tip:
Mix and knead dough as above. Shape dough into a bait. Place in a lightly greased bowL; turn once. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand, covered, at room temperature for 15 minutes. Punch dough down. Continue as directed in Step 3.
|Spectacular Cinnamon Alond Ring Recipe|