Halloween Wicked Witch Cupcake - Green-faced, straggly-haired witches may look mean, but they are actually sweet chocolate cupcakes dressed up for Halloween. Inverted chocolate ice-cream cones make perfectly pointed hats. Bake a coven’s worth and set them out on display to greet and treat Halloween party guests.
24 One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Green gel-paste food color
24 chocolate sugar cones
24 candy corn pieces
48 brown mini candy-coated chocolates, such as mini M&M’s
1 small bag (about 5 ounces) black licorice laces
1. Tint buttercream green with gel-paste food color. Spoon a generous mound of buttercream onto each cupcake; using an offset spatula, smooth into a dome shape. (Or
use an ice-cream scoop to place a mound of buttercream atop each cupcake.)
2. Place an inverted sugar cone on top of each cupcake, tilting cones slightly backward. Press two candy-coated chocolates and one piece of candy corn into buttercream to make the eyes and nose.
3. With a paring knife or kitchen shears, snip licorice laces into pieces—longer ones (about 2½ inches) for hair, and shorter (about ½ inch) for eyebrows and bangs.
4. Insert longer licorice pieces into frosting, just below the sugar cones, to make hair, and press two short licorice pieces over eyes, slanting them slightly to make eyebrows.
5. Decorated cupcakes can be stored up to 1 day at room temperature.
|Halloween Wicked Witch Cupcake|