Dirt Ice Cream Cake - very nice and elegant halloween cake recipe.
1/2 gallon (8 cups) cookies ‘n cream ice cream, softened
1 box devil’s food cake mix with pudding in the mix Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
1 box (6-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups milk
20 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
1 package (8.4 oz) gummy worm candies
1. Line bottom and sides of 1 3x9-inch pan with waxed paper, leaving about 2 inches of waxed paper overhanging all sides of pan. Press ice cream evenly in pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 2 hours or until firm.
2. Heat oven to 3500F. Grease bottom only of another 1 3x9-in ch pan with shortening or cooking spray; line pan with cooking parchment paper. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes; run knife around side of pan to loosen. Place cooling rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan and paper. Cool cake completely, about 1 hour.
3. Beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk 2 minutes; let stand 3 minutes. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
4. Split cake horizontally to make 2 layers. Return bottom layer of cake to pan. Use waxed paper to lift ice cream from pan. Place ice cream on top of cake layer; top with remaining cake layer.
5. Spread pudding evenly on cake. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and gummy worm candies. Serve immediately. Store covered in freezer.
|Dirt Ice Cream Cake Recipe|