The Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe - The summery combination of blueberries and whipped cream tops berry-filled cupcakes. The muffin-like cakes, which can also be served for breakfast or brunch, are delightful as standard or mini cupcakes.
MAKES 30 STANDARD OR 60 MINI
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups cake flour (not self-rising), sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1¾ cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1¼ cups milk, room temperature
2 cups fresh blueberries, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard or mini muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together both flours, baking powder, and salt.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of milk, and beating until combined after each. Fold in blueberries by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full.
5. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until pale golden, about 25 minutes for standard and 15 for mini. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in airtight containers.
6. To finish, dollop cupcakes with whipped cream, and garnish with berries. Serve immediately.
|Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe|