The Vegetable Brunch Pie Recipe Who knew your children could love eating cauliflower?
Makes 8 servings. 4-inch slice per serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes
nonstick cooking spray
2 1/4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
4 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) of beet, mustard, or collard greens, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
3/4 cup shredded lowfat Cheddar cheese
1 cup lowfat milk
3/4 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup baking mix
1. Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Spray a 10-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave cauliflower on high for 3 minutes, or steam it on the stovetop.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a 12-inch skillet and heat over medium heat.
5. Sauté onion and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Add greens, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Sauté for another 3 minutes until greens are wilted.
7. Stir the cooked cauliflower into the greens mixture and place in the pie dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, and baking mix. Whisk until well blended and pour over vegetable mixture.
9. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve while hot.
Nutrition information per serving:, Calories 128, Carbohydrate 15 g,
Dietary Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g,
Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 4 mg, Sodium 537 mg
|Vegetable Brunch Pie|