The Pineapple Mascarpone Tart Recipe each bite of this tart captures the spiced heat of the gingered crust, the tangy yet mellowing influence of the cheese, the zing of fine lime zest, and the smoky sweetness of the roasted pineapple bits.
Makes one 10-inch tart, about 12 servings
All-purpose flour for rolling
One disk Gingered Tart Dough
Pineapple Mascarpone Filling:
1 cup (8 ounces/226 grams) heavy whipping cream
1⁄2 cup (4 ounces/114 grams) mascarpone cheese
1⁄4 cup (17⁄8 ounces/53 grams) sugar
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons dark rum, optional
1 recipe Palm Sugar–Roasted Pineapple
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly flour a work surface and a rolling pin. Roll the dough to a 1⁄8-inch thickness, rotating the circle a quarter turn with each roll. Lightly flour the dough and loosely roll it around the rolling pin, then unroll it into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or a 10-inch tart ring set on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and press it up against the sides. Trim off any excess.
3. Line the tart shell with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights and parchment paper and bake until the dough is golden and dry to the touch, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
4. To make the filling: Put the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk at medium speed until medium peaks form, about 5 minutes. (When you lift the whisk from the cream, a peak will form and the very tip of the peak will fall back down.) Transfer to another bowl.
5. Put the mascarpone cheese, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and rum, if using, in the mixer bowl. Mix with the paddle attachment on medium speed until everything is well combined and the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add one-third of the whipped cream and vigorously mix until the texture becomes pasty. Add the remaining cream and fold in very gently until fully incorporated.
6. Spread the mascarpone mixture evenly into the cooled tart shell. Top decoratively with the pineapple and serve.
|Pineapple Mascarpone Tart|