Turkey with Coconut Curried Rice Recipe is a fragrant curry and coconut add exceptional flavor to the rice dish. Impressive to serve at a buffet.
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 25 minutes, Serve 6(1 1/3-cup)
2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES “ Butter
1 pound turkey breast slices or tenderloin, cut into strips’
1 1/3 cups basmati or medium-grain rice
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups water
1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
1 (16-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas*
1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
1. Melt butter in deep 12-inch skillet until sizzling; stir in turkey strips. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (4 to 6 minutes).
2. Stir in rice, salt, curry and cumin. Continue cooking until rice is lightly browned (1 to 2 minutes).
3. Stir in water and coconut milk. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (4 to 6 minutes). Reduce heat to low.
4. Cover; cook until rice is just tender (13 to 15 minutes). Stir in peas. Cover; continue cooking until peas are tender
(3 to 5 minutes).
5. To serve, sprinkle with coconut and cilantro, if desired.
Substitute 1 pound chicken breasts.Substitute 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas.
|Turkey with Coconut Curried Rice Recipe|