Summer Skillet Pasta Recipe create a sensational skillet meal with bountiful fresh harvest vegetables.
Prep: 30 minutes, Cook: 8 minutes, Serve 6 (1 1/2-cup)
8 ounces (2 1/3 cups) uncooked dried penne pasta
3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES’ Butter
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
2 medium (4 cups) zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch sIíces
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-Inch pieces
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves*
4 ounces (1 cup) LAND O LAKES Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter ¡n 12-inch deep skillet until sizzling; stir in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned (4 to 5 minutes).
3. Add zucchini and bell peppers. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (4 to 5 minutes).
4. Stir in cooked pasta, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking until tomatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover; let stand until cheese is melted (1 to 2 minutes).
5. Substitute 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices; cut each slice into eighths. Substitute 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves.
|Summer Skillet Pasta Recipe|