Skillet Lasagna with Vegetables Recipe is a classic oven casserole becomes an easy skillet dinner that is ready in less than half the time.
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 24 minutes, Serve 6 (1-cup)
3/4 pound bulk mild or hot Italian sausage
1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
1 1/3 cups water
1 (15-ounce) jar (2 cups) marinara spaghetti sauce
2 cups uncooked dried bowtie pasta (farfaIle)
1 large (11/2 cups) zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 large (1/2 cup) carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
2/3 cup cottage cheese
3 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
2 ounces (1/2 cup) LAND O LAKES Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1. Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned (5 to 8 minutes). Drain off fat.
2. Stir in water and marinara sauce. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (2 to 4 minutes). Reduce heat to low; stir in pasta. Cover; cook 10 minutes.
3. Uncover; stir in zucchini and carrot. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced and vegetables are crisply tender (4 to 8 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in small bowl. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto hot pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Cover; let stand until mozzarella cheese is melted (3 to 4 minutes).
Notes and Tips:
• Italian sausage is flavored with garlic and fennel or anise seed. The hot variety also has hot red peppers, while the sweet-type lacks the spicy hotness. Either variety works in most recipes calling for Italian sausage.
|Skillet Lasagna with Vegetables Recipe|