Pesto 'N Shrimp Risotto Recipe is an pesto and shrimp add special flavor to the classic italian rice dish.
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 27 minutes, Serve 4 (1-cup)
2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES Butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small (3/4 cup) leek, thinly sliced
1 cup Arborio or short- grain rice
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
1/2 cup hot water
3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
1/2 pound frozen cooked small (36 to 45 count) shrimp, thawed, drained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan until sizzling; add mushrooms and leek.
2. Cook over medium- high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in rice: continue cooking until lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes).
3. Stir in chicken broth. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 5 minutes).
4. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed (8 to 10 minutes). Stir in hot water. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed (8 to 10 minutes).
5. Stir in pesto. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Cover; continue cooking until shrimp are heated through (3 to 4 minutes).
*Substitute 1 small onion, sliced.
|Pesto 'N Shrimp Risotto Recipe|