Italian Omelet Sandwich Recipe choose your favorite focaccia for the egg and salami breakfast sandwich.
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook, 3 minutes, Bake: 10 minutes, Serve: 6
4 tablespoons LAND O LAKES Butter, softened
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (9-inch) round (12-ounce) focaccia bread, sliced in half horizontally
2 ounces thinly sliced salami
1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
4 (3/4-ounce) slices LAND O LAKES R Deli Provolone Cheese
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 3 tablespoons butter and basil in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Melt remaining butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet until sizzling; add beaten eggs. Sprinkle with green onions and pepper.
3. Cook over medium heat, lifting slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, until omelet is set (3 to 4 minutes).
4. Spread cut-sides of focaccia bread halves with spread mixture. Layer bottom half with salami, omelet, red peppers and cheese slices. Cover with top half of focaccia.
5. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil; place onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. To serve, cut into 6 wedges.
Notes and Tips:
• Eggs are protein-rich, low in sodium and contain essential vitamins and minerals including vitamins B12, A and D. In
addition, they are one of the least expensive forms of high-quality protein.
• Always keep eggs refrigerated and store in the carton to ensure freshness.
|Italian Omelet Sandwich Recipe|