Pytt I Panna Swedish Hash Recipe I dedicate the ambitious intent of this recipe to those who would love to eat and love to lose weight at the same time.
SERVES 4. Serving size: 1 cup of hash with 1 egg.
3½ tablespoons canola oil
3 medium onions, diced
3 cups cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups diced leftover cooked beef
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 large eggs
Cucumber pickles, sliced
1. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the onions to a hot plate, leaving as much oil as possible in the skillet.
3. Return the skillet to the heat and brown the potatoes for 4 minutes. Using the slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to the
plate with the onions, again leaving as much oil as possible in the skillet.
4. Return the skillet to the heat and warm the meat for approximately 3 minutes. Return the onions and potatoes to the skillet and mix thoroughly with the meat.
5. Season with the salt and pepper and heat thoroughly for 2 minutes.
6. In a separate frying pan, add the remaining ½ tablespoon oil, and fry the eggs.
7. Serve the hash on the hot plate, garnished with the fried eggs and sliced cucumber pickles.
|Pytt I Panna Swedish Hash Recipe|