5 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11⁄2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas
13⁄4 cups all- purpose fl our
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9 × 5- inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat the butter in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat well.
3. Add the egg, egg whites, and vanilla and beat until blended. Add the bananas and beat at high speed for 30 seconds.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the cream, ending with the flour mixture; mix well. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes until browned and a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
|Mamma’s Banana Nut Bread|