Fried chicken coating mix

Fried chicken coating mix my family husband and our two sons tell me they’d like me to fix chicken with this coating mix all of the time. I’ve had the recipe for years. In fact, I can’t recall how I got it just my many additions and deletions. From Dawn Supina of Edmonton Alberta.

Ingredients 
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons pepper
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds),
cut up
Oil for frying

Method 
Combine the first nine ingredients; store in an airtight container. 

Yield: 2-1/2 cups coating mix (enough for 3 batches of chicken).

To prepare chicken: In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place 3/4 cup coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag.

Dip chicken into egg mixture, then add to the bag, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.

Heat 1/4 in. of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. 

Brown chicken on all sides; transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. 

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings per batch.

Fried chicken coating mix
Holiday Recipes
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright 2010 Luxury Recipes All rights reserved