• 1 tablespoon oil
• 20g butter
• 2 leeks, finely sliced
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 4 slices pancetta, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
• 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
• 125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, chopped and softened
• Finely grated rind of 1 orange
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1.7 kg turkey breast fillet
• 2 onions, extra thickly sliced
• 1 cup Tokay or sherry, for deglazing
• 3 cups chicken stock
• 1 strip orange peel
• 50g quince paste, chopped
• 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
• Roast potatoes, for serving
• Steamed vegetables, for serving
1. Heat the oil and butter in a frypan and then add the leek, onion, pancetta and sage and gently cook for 5-10 minutes or until onion has softened.
2. Add the bread crumbs, cranberries, PHILADELPHIA, orange rind and pepper and mix to combine. Chill.
3. Cut a deep pocket in the side of the turkey fillet and fill with the PHILADELPHIA mixture, spreading into an even layer. Secure with toothpicks if required, then
season with salt.
4. Place the extra sliced onion in the bottom of a metal baking dish and top with turkey. Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 1¼ - 1½ hours or until cooked when tested.
5. Remove the turkey from the baking dish and wrap in foil to rest in a warm place
6. Warm the baking dish on a medium high heat, add the Tokay and stir to loosen pan juices. Add the chicken stock, orange peel and quince paste and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly.
7. Stir in the blended cornflour and stir over a low heat until thickened. Strain and keep warm whilst carving the turkey. Serve the turkey sliced with a drizzle of sauce, roast potatoes and steamed vegetables. Serve immediately.
|Turkey Breast with Cranberry & Leek Stuffing Recipe|