• 2 eggs, separated
• 1/3 cup caster sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 500g mascarpone
• 2 1/2 cups strong espresso coffee, cooled
• 125mL Tia Maria or Kahlua liqueur
• 500g thick sponge finger (Savoiardi) biscuits
• 2 x 300g boxes Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
• Cocoa powder, to serve (optional)
1. Using electric hand beaters, beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in mascarpone. In another bowl, beat egg whites until firm peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg whites through mascarpone. Set aside.
2. Combine coffee and liqueur in a 4-cup shallow dish. Dip half the biscuits into the coffee mixture for about 2-3 seconds on each side and line the base of the dish.
3. Top with half the mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with half the frozen berries. Repeat the layering using the remaining biscuits, coffee and mascarpone mixture. Gently smooth the top.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. About 1 hour before serving sprinkle with the remaining frozen berries. Dust lightly with cocoa just before serving if liked.
|Mixed Berry Tiramisu Recipe|