• 200g dried apricots, chopped
• 150g dried apples, chopped
• 100g dried pears, chopped
• 50g sultanas
• 1/4 cup chopped glacé ginger
• 440g can crushed pineapple, undrained
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 125g Western Star Salt Reduced Butter
• 1 teaspoon mixed spice
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
• 2/3 cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup self raising flour
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2/3 cup macadamia nut halves, extra
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 20g Western Star Salt Reduced Butter, extra, melted
1. Combine dried fruits, ginger, pineapple, sugar, butter and spices in a saucepan and bring to the boil stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in macadamia nuts and bicarbonate of soda. Allow to cool.
2. Line the sides and base of 8 x 1 cup capacity dariole moulds with baking paper. Stir eggs and flours into fruit mixture and spoon into the moulds. Bake at 160°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.
3. Combine remaining macadamia nuts, honey and butter and spoon over each cake. Return to the oven and bake for a further 8-10 minutes or until nuts are golden. Cool in moulds before turning out carefully.
|Mini Blond Christmas Cakes Recipe|