• 1/2 cup (125mL) Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce
• 1 tablespoon (20mL) rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 x 400g pork loin
• 3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
• Extra Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade & Stir Fry Sauce to serve
1. Combine the Kikkoman Japanese Barbecue Marinade, vinegar, sesame oil, honey and ginger in a bowl and mix well. Place pork in a flat non-metallic dish and pour over marinade.
2. Cover and marinate at room temperature while preparing the asparagus and dipping sauce. (NB. Do not leave meat at room temperature for more than 1 hour).
3. For the asparagus, cut off any fibrous ends, and set aside.
4. Spray barbecue or grill pan with olive oil, then pre-heat on medium/high. Cook the pork for 5 minutes on each of the 4 sides, rotating it for a quarter of a turn each time, or until cooked to your liking. Baste the pork with extra sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
5. Remove pork from heat and allow resting for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the asparagus spears for about 4 minutes until just tender.
6. Place the pork on a clean carving board and slice diagonally into thick slices.
|Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Asparagus Recipe|