The Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
2 tablespoons sugar
2 packages active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
2 1/4 cups hot water (120°F to 130°F)
1 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspons ground cinnamon Peanut Butter Frosting
1. In a Large bowl, combine whoLe wheat flour, dry miLk powder, 2 tabLespoons sugar, yeast, and salt. Add the hot water and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Beat with an eLectric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl constantLy. Add 1 cup of the bread flour. Beat on Low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining bread flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a tightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and eLastic (3 to 5 minutes totaL). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a Lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 30 minutes).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a Lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, tightly grease two 9x9x2-inch square baking pans; set aside.
4. For fiLLing, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a smaLl bowl.
5. RolL each dough half into a 14x6-inch rectangle. Spread each rectangle with 1/4 cup of the remaining peanut butter to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkte each with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll. up each rectangle starting from a Long side; seal seams. SLice each roll into nine pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place untiL nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Coot for 1 minute. CarefuLLy invert roLLs onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Spread with Peanut Butter Frosting. Makes 18 roLls.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
In a medium bowl, combine4 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Stir in enough milk (6 to 7 tabLespoons) to make of spreading consistency.
|Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls Recipe|