The Orange Honey Sweet Rolls Recipe
2 packages active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water (110° F to 115°F)
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup honey
2 eggs, tightly beaten
2 tabLespoons toasted wheat germ
1 teaspoon saLt
3 cups white whole wheat flour or alt-purpose flour
2 to 21/4 cups bread flour
1 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peeL
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add dry milk powder, 1/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup honey, eggs, wheat germ, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl constantly. Add 2 cups of the white whole wheat flour. Beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining white whole wheat flour and as much of the bread flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface of the dough. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
3. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
4. For filLing, cover raisins with cold water in a small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain welL. In a medium bowL, whisk together 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup honey, and orange peel until creamy and welL combined.
5. RoLL dough into an 18x15-inch rectangle. Spread the butter- honey mixture to within 1/2 inch of the edges. SprinkLe with raisins. Roll up rectangle, starting from a long side; seal seam. SLice roll into 15 pieces. Arrange, cut sides down, in prepared pan. Cover and [et rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about
6. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 25 minutes or until Lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool for 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto a wire rack. Cool sLightLy. Invert again onto a serving platter. Drizzle with Orange Icing. Makes 15 rolls.
In a smaLL bowL, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice (1 to 2 tablespoons) to make of drizzling consistency.
|Orange Honey Sweet Rolls Recipe|