The Cherry Cheesecake Kuchen
2 1/4 cups alt-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 8-ounce carton dafry sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peeL
1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Cherry pie filling (optional)
Chopped white chocolate (optional)
1. Grease a 9-inch springform pan; set aside. In a Large bowl, combine 11/4 cups of the flour and the yeast; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat and stir miLk, 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and salt just until mixture is warm (120°F to 130°F) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture and 2 eggs to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping side of bowl constantLy. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Beat in as much remaining flour as you can with mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
3. Transfer dough to prepared pan; spread evenLy (dough wilt be sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
4. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tabLespoon flour, and vaniLla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in 1 egg and Lemon peel; set aside. In another bowl, stir together pie fiLLing and almond extract. Spoon cherry mixture over dough in pan. Spoon cream
cheese mixture over cherry mixture, spreading evenly.
5. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until center appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Using a smalL sharp knife, Loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 1 hour. Cover and chiLL at Least 4 hours before serving. Remove springform part of pan just before serving. If desired, spoon additional cherry pie filling on top and garnish with white chocolate. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
|Cherry Cheesecake Kuchen|