The Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Recipe - Inspiration for new cupcakes can come from anywhere, even a popular childhood sandwich. The creamy peanut butter frosting may be crowned with any jelly or jam flavor; strawberry is pictured, but grape or raspberry would also be delicious. For the best flavor, use natural-style peanut butter in the cupcake batter.
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, preferably natural-style
3 large eggs, room temperature
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup sour cream, room temperature
¾ cup coarsely chopped salted, roasted peanuts
Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting:
½ cup strawberry jelly or jam
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Mix in peanut butter.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Mix in sour cream and peanuts.
4. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden and a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 22 minutes. Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temperature in airtight containers.
5. To finish, use an offset spatula to spread frosting over each cupcake, leaving a small well in the middle. Dollop about 1 teaspoon jelly into each well. Frosted cupcakes can be refrigerated up to 1 day in airtight containers; bring to room temperature before serving.
|Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes recipe|