Halloween SpiderWeb Deviled Eggs Recipe - •PREPTIME:15 Minutes •STARTTOFINISH:2Hours4OMinutes • 24servings (1 deviled egg)
2 teaspoons black gel or paste food color
6 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise (from 12-oz bottle)
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Chopped fresh chives
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix 8 cups water and the food color.
2. Place eggs in single layer. Cover; heat to boiling. Immediately remove from heat. Let stand 1 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer eggs, one at a time, to paper towels.
3. Using handle of wooden spoon, tap each egg gently in several places. Transfer eggs to large bowl; cover with cooled cooking water. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. Peel eggs; cut lengthwise in half. Slip outyolks into medium bowl; set egg whites aside. Mash yolks with fork until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, relish, celery, salt and pepper until blended.
5. Mound or pipe eggyolk mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with chives. Serve, or cover and refrigerate.
1 Serving: Calories 60; Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g); Sodium 75mg Total Carbohydrate 1g (DietaryFiberog); Protein 3g Exchangcs Medium•Fat Meat, 4 Fat Carbohydrate Choices;O
Notes and Tips:
Wear gloves when preparing these spider-webbed eggs dyed in black-tinged water.
|Halloween Spiderweb Deviled Eggs Recipe|