The Graveyard Cake - Prep 30 mins and Cook 1 hour
Betty Crocker SuperMoist
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Milk
300g chocolate biscuit fingers
black and white cake writing pens
3 rectangular plain biscuits
1/4 cup chocolate drinking powder
green food colouring
1 tbs desiccated coconut
1 thin, long black licorice
milk bottles sweets
plastic skeleton, to decorate
1. Preheat oven on 180°C. Grease a 22cm loaf pan and line with baking paper.
2. Beat cakemix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Pour into pan and smooth top.
3. Bake for 50-55 minutes or cooked when testedwith a skewer. Set aside to cool for 10minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Cut cake in half lengthways. Place one half, cut-side up on a serving plate. Cover cake top with frosting. Place remaining cake half, cut-side down on top of frosting.
Frost cake top and sides. Stick fingers around sides of cake to create fence.
5. Using the cake writing pens, write “boo”or various scary halloween things and names on biscuits to create the headstones. Set aside.
6. Sprinkle chocolate powder over cake for graveyard surface. Push headstones randomly into surface. Mix a drop of food colour into coconut. Place coloured coconut around edges of headstones.
7. Push cocktail forks into corners of cake, tines pointing up. String or tie licorice around to form a graveyard fence.
8. Squashmilk bottleswith a rolling pin. Use black icing pen tomake ghost faces. Decorate cake with skeleton and ghosts.
|Graveyard Cake Recipe|