Crusty Mummy Fingers - PREPTIME:l5Minutes • START TO FINISH: 35 Minutes • 8 servings
2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled (about 2 large potatoes)
2 tablespoons water
2 egg whites
1 cup Italian style dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) Cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 450° F. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. Cut potatoes into 4x1/2-inch strips. In shallow dish, mix water and egg whites with wire whisk or fork. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cheese, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
3. Working in batches, dip sweet potatoes into egg white mixture; roll in bread crumb mixture. Place potatoes in single layer on cookie sheets.
4. Spray potatoes with cooking spray about 10 seconds.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until crisp.
1 Serving: Calories 140; Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1g); Sodium 480mg; Tota Carbohydrate 26g (DietaryFiber 3g); Protein 5gExchanges 1.4 Starch, Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
Notes and Tips:
For a safe, easy way to slice sweet potatoes, cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato before slicing so it will sit firmly on the cutting board. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
|Crusty Mummy Fingers Recipe|