Awesome Alien Cupcakes Recipe - PREP TIME: 55 Minutes • START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 55 Minutes • 24 servings (1 cupcake)
box devil’s food cake mix with pudding in the mix Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Frosting and Decorations:
6 cups Kix cereal
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 teaspoon orange neon gel or paste food color (from 2.7-oz tube)
48 gummy peach ring candies
48 candy-coated chocolate candies
Black decorating gel
48 thin pretzel sticks (2 1/4 inch)
20 drops green food color
1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to spread frosting
1. Heat oven to 350° F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. Bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. In large bowl, place cereal. In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows; stir until complete’y melted. Remove from heat. Stir in orange food color. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal in bowl, stirring until well coated.
4. For feet, place 2 gummy candies on cookie sheet. Spray inside of 1/4-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. For body, fill measuring cup with warm cereal mixture; place over feet, releasing cereal mixture and covering back half of feet. Repeat with remaining gummy candies and cereal mixture to make 24 aliens. Use 2 candy-coated chocolate candies for eyes and black decorating gel to make centers of eyes. Insert 2 pretzels for antennae.
5. Stir green food color into frosting container; frost cupcakes with frosting. Place 1 alien on top of each cupcake; press gently to secure. Store uncovered at room temperature.
|Awesome Alien Cupcakes Recipe|